Food and cash drives are a great way for work teams, companies, groups of friends, and places of worship to take action and help fight hunger in our community. They also provide nutritious food while raising awareness of hunger issues in our communities. Here are some ways for you to get involved:
HOST A CASH DRIVE
Collect funds for The Food Group. By donating money, you allow us to use the benefits of bulk purchasing and get more bang for your buck! We can supply money collection boxes available for pick up at our warehouse and provide a custom online giving page. Let us know if you’re having a drive, by emailing [email protected]
HOST A FOOD DRIVE
We can support you with collection bins for food donations, coordinate transportation and create flyers to generate participation in your event. Please note: Each trip we take to pick up food costs money that off-sets the effort of your collection, therefore for drives collecting less than 500 pounds, we ask that you deliver food collected directly to our warehouse (8501 54th Ave. N New Hope, MN 55428, open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or your local food shelf. Find your nearest food shelf.
Will your food drive collect more than 500 pounds (4 or more blue barrels)?
- Email [email protected] and let us know you are hosting a Food Drive. Please fill out the food drive registration form.
After donations are collected, we will let you know how many pounds were collected and meals provided. Then celebrate your impact! Feeding a community, takes a community. Thank you for your participation in the fight against hunger.
Will your food drive collect less than 500 pounds? We encourage the following:
- For food drives with a goal to collect less than 500 pounds, we ask that you arrange for your own collection containers and delivery to The Food Group.
- Email [email protected] and let us know you are hosting a Food Drive in our name. Please include name, contact information and dates of your Food Drive.
- Utilize boxes you have on hand to collect food or ask participants to bring food in bags (reusable bags are highly desired).
- Food can be delivered to our warehouse Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. If you call 763-450-3869, we’ll be happy to meet you outside and help you unload.
- If your small food drive turned out to be bigger than expected (500+ pounds or about 800+ cans), give us a call 763-450-3869 to see if we can arrange a food donation pickup.