From production to distribution, The Food Group is growing access to nutritious, fresh, and local food. Every year we’re:
- Distributing 1.7 million pounds of food (8 million meals) to 30 counties across Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- Providing nutritious, culturally connected foods to more than 200 food shelves, meal programs, and hunger relief partners. This supports more than 2 million people, children, and seniors who are fighting hunger.
- Increasing grocery access to more than 50,000 households.
- Supporting 40 local farmers with land, resource, and education access.
- Advocating for a more just and equitable food system.
The Food Group nourishes the mind, body, and soul of a community. I’m all in.Sharmyn Phipps, UMN Extension SNAP-ED Regional Coordinator