Fighting Hunger. Nourishing our Community.
For nearly 50 years, The Food Group has provided good, local food to those who need it most. We increase access to healthy, culturally connected foods in 30 counties in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The Food Group envisions a just and equitable food system, which is based on sustainable food production and access to affordable food for everyone. We work toward this by:
- Increasing access to healthy food
- Increasing distribution of culturally connected foods and services
- Offering education and support services to hunger relief agencies, farmers, and community members.
- Partnering with emerging farmers in food production
- Driving food systems change
A local equity-focused nonprofit, we rise to the challenges of food access and hunger every day. In 2020, we distributed:
- 11.8 million pounds of food — or 9.8 million meals. That’s a dramatic increase from 6.7 million meals in 2019.
- 1.2 million pounds of culturally connected foods. That’s more than double the 435,000 pounds in 2019.
- 2.1 million pounds of fresh produce. That’s up from 1.7 million pounds in 2019.
The Food Group works across the food system from production to distribution. In addition to providing food to our hunger relief partners, we increase food access by selling affordable groceries and supporting sustainable food production. Explore this website to learn more about the full scope of our programs, and to read more about the values that guide us toward building a stronger and healthier community for everyone.