Mobile Packs are unique volunteer events hosted and funded by your business, place of worship, school or other community group in order to put together packs for Minnesotans in need.
These packs will be distributed to our food shelf partners and will provide much needed food or household items for hard-working families who struggle to afford life’s basic necessities.
Types of Mobile Pack events include:
Hygiene Pack: Includes personal hygiene products such as toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
Household Pack: Includes cleaning products for your home such as toilet paper, window cleaner, etc.
Snack Pack: Includes healthy snacks for kids after school such as fruit cup, oatmeal, cheese stick, etc.
Soup Pack: Includes necessary ingredients for a seasonal soup such as chicken tortilla.
“We have partnered with The Food Group on several occasions where they bring a volunteer project to our building. Our associates love the opportunity to volunteer with a great organization for a short time in the middle of the day without having to leave our building! It’s a win-win for both Prudential and The Food Group.” -Prudential’s Community Engagement Council.
When planning a Mobile Pack Event Please Consider:
- It typically take 15 volunteers 1 hour to pack 1,000 kits.
- A site visit prior to the event is required in order to discuss event layout.
- Events must be scheduled at least 6 weeks prior to event start date and payment received prior to event.
- Funding: this includes cost of product, plus delivery/driver costs < Consider fundraising options to cover the cost.
- 1,000 kit minimum.
- Space for event to take place.
- Located within 1 hour drive from The food Group warehouse.
- Loading dock with a dock plate ora parking lot with a large level area for a 53’ semi-truck to unload.
- Clear pathway with 50” door width from truck drop-off area to packaging room so pallet jack can fit.
- If packing room is not on the same floor as drop off, freight elevator is needed.
- Tables to serve as the assembly line for pack.
- Recycling for cardboard.
For more information or to schedule a Mobile Pack please contact:
Paul Freer | Donor Relations Manager
763-450-3874 | [email protected]