Once again, The Food Group and Second Harvest have come together to offer a joint Civil Rights training in 2019. As you know, Civil Rights Training is a requirement for programs that receive commodities from TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program). We understand that your time is valuable, so we will make the training available in multiple ways to accommodate your schedule: downloadable PowerPoint Presentation, and by recorded webinar. We are also able to host a training on site for you and your volunteers- just email us at [email protected]
- Training can either be done individually, in a small group or large group
- If an agency needs help facilitating a large group training, The Food Group can be available as additional support email: [email protected]
- The Food Group requires at the minimum for 1 person from the agency to undergo the more in-depth training of the PowerPoint presentation and quiz.
- The Food Group requires all other staff and volunteers handling/distributing TEFAP foods to undergo at the minimum reading the Civil Rights Training checklist and signing off they have read the sheet.
- At the end of the PowerPoint training, the agency will log in to a short 5 question quiz that will be made available. The quiz is meant to emphasize important aspects of the presentation. The quiz can be done as a group activity to encourage further discussion.
- Once the quiz is completed, the agency will be awarded a completion of training certificate.
- Civil Rights Training is required to be renewed each year, along with a new certificate to be held during that time.
- It is mandatory for the training to be completed by March 31, 2019, and ongoing as you have new volunteers or staff join your team.